Sunday, April 1, 2007

Down But Out?

After the stunning performance during the Commonwealth Bank series, I actually believed that England has finally got it right in ODIs but after their show in the WC I doubt it. Their top 3 is even worse than Ireland (4 centuries in their top 3 compared to 1 to England). Their centurion Ed Joyce is highly inconsistent and Vaughan can be a good test batmen but I am sure that he would not make even any state side on Australian domestic competition for limited over cricket. Ian Bell is a good cricketer but he never can produce a dominating innings that would dictate terms and instill fear among the opposition players. I still don’t know why Kevin Pietersen is not playing at number 3. I am sure he would do a brilliant job and it would give him more time to settle down. I also don’t see the point of Jamie Dalrymple not playing. He is much better than Ravi Bopara. Ideally now England can’t do anything about the squad. But I feel that Cook should have been in it and so does Mal Loye. This should be England’s playing XI - Michael Vaughan(C), Andrew Strauss, Kevin Pietersen, Paul Collingwood, Andrew Flintoff, Ed Joyce, Jamie Dalrymple, Paul Nixon, Liam Plunkett, Monty Panesar, James Anderson.

Marcus Trescothick should be back as soon as he recovers from his illness as they desperately need him now more than any time before.

No comments: